Saturday, October 2, 2021

Italeri Autoblinda AB41

 Hello, I'm back. I lost the mojo for the longest. But it was an 'out of my comfort zone'  group build from my model club that got me going again.  There was a long time member of the club who was heavily into 1/72 armor. He recently passed away, and  the build simply to build a 1/72 armor kit. Watching my son build his armor kits and watching him tediously put together all those tracks, I decided to try something with wheels. 

What I got was the 1/72 Italeri Autoblinda AB41 from Megahobby. Now I realize 1/72 is small. And I build all 1/72 aircraft, but holy moley this thing was down right tiny!

Even for a tiny vehicle, there was an amazing amount of detail!  The kit also gives you the option for four different versions - two Italian, and two German versions. With all the camouflage I've done from my Luft '46 planes, I decided a nice easy tan Italian car would be the way to go.




 

Being a big fan of "Uncle Night Shift" despite not doing armor vehicles, I followed his instructions for chipping and painting. All that's left for the vehicle is a mist coat to simulate the dust of the road.

 Being really small, I decided to put it on a little base, so out came the foam. I put down some glue and the sand, but didn't like it. Got out the Vallejo paste, but that's for next time. Thanks for looking.




No comments: