Saturday, October 2, 2021

FF6 The Rock part 2

 Once I got the major imperfections worked out, I gave it a coat of the Vallejo primer. I found a few more things, but at what point do you say good enough?  I was at that point.

Checking how the arm fit. Pretty good.

I dropped the gun arm, and with my luck and without looking I knew it hit the ground gun side down and the barrel was off. Yep. Then I realized there was a bubble there which made it weak. Wanting to do the gun in chrome, and not wanting to mess with the seam line - I'll make a new barrel.


Not having done any airbrushing in a long while, I took the easy way out. I primed him all over . I then took a darker color and painted it up from the bottom, and then took a highlight color and sprayed down from the top. Looked good.  For the uniform, my ref has him all in black so I took some artistic color license.

I'm not really liking the rock base. That might change. But next time...
 

No comments: