Friday, October 15, 2021

JPG Galaxy Quest Shuttle

 Just saw Galaxy Quest again on one of the myriad of channel, and thought I have to build a GQ model. GQ is a very funny movie lampooning or honoring Star Trek.  JPG.s model is 1:72 scale and comes in 16 well casted white resin parts. I haven't put the decals on the craft yet, but they look well printed. 


 You see in the image it's sitting on a weird arrangement of foam. At the same time I started building the Shuttle, I was asked by my local IPMS club to do a little slide show on build a diorama or vignette using foam as the base. We'll see more of that.  The scene where they retrieve a beryllium sphere, was filmed entirely in Goblin State Park, UT.  One blogger happened to be at the park when the shuttle was delivered by helicopter.

Never realized the char in the film!

 Running out of time for the demo, I looked up a bunch of images for Goblin Valley and took to some foam with my cheap-o hot wire cutter.

Not being able to locate the figures I was going to use (downside of a huge stash), the direction of the ship in the vignette will change. 

The ship is together. The only problem I had was the rear landing gear has an angle to them. The instructions don't tell how the angle goes, so installing the supplied legs was a *Nope*. Thankfully I had some rod the same size and set them in place. 


 


That's where we'll leave it for today. Check back, and thanks for looking.

No comments: