Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Werewolf Leon

 This is another excellent kit from John Dennett's Hammerheads line. It's the werewolf Leon from the 1961 movie Curse of the Werewolf. I think I've only seen this movie once, but being a werewolf fan I had to have it. 


I thought I took an image of the kit, which was in 2 parts - the bust and the base, but I guess not. All my images are WIPs. I started with Vallejo's tan primer, and here he is with the base coat started. Even tho he had gray fur, I didn't want to start off with black and then come up to gray, so I used V's Chocolate brown which gave the warmer feel to start.

V's Beige Red filled in the skin tone to his face and then I highlighted the tan ridges with a little Dark Sand (which is pretty light). 


Back to the fur I gave a heavy dry brush of V's London Gray, which is just the same as Tamiya's Euro Gray.


 The it was time to look at the base. All of the Hammer Head bases (and most of John's busts have this similar stone base.  Most all of mine have been done in the usual "castle gray". This time I started out with Hull Red which is a reddish brown. Then highlighted it with a dotting Red Leather. Another highlight dotting of the Dark Sand pulls the two parts together. 


One further highlighting of the fur with Light Gray, and then blue eyes and a lot of blood in the mouth (but not too much) and I was done. Thanks for looking. 

Images appear lighter than in real life. Gonna have to get a regular camera...



 

No comments: