Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Pumpkin Thief

 This neat one part model was done by John Dennett and MoonDevil Studios. The kit was very well done in orange resin - no pin holes or any real seam lines. There was a hint of one, and that cleaned up in minutes. 

White primer added giving the pink look

 This was another kit that besides the obvious colors of the pumpkin, I have no idea where to go. Looking at the figure, he looked like a rat, but had the Devil tail. Being with the old images of the Devil being red, I started out with V's Hull Red, which as an obvious brown to it hearkening back to the rat idea. The pants looked like overalls to me, so that said blue, and with the red hue of the skin, the opposite on the color wheel is green. So the shirt was made green


Citadel washes added

I left the citadel washes to dry overnight, and then started my highlighting. Following the techniques of a new mini painters I admire, when washed, the model darkened (naturally) so the first highlight is the original base color - Hull Red.  Then I added Flesh to the Hull Red to lightened it - covering a smaller area. More flesh was added and a lighter again 3rd highlight finished the skin off.   Same was done for the pants and shirt, except I added a heavier drybrush to the pants to give them some texture. When all was finished I added some brown pigment to the pants to dirty them up. The pumpkin was given a similar treat, except I used Citadel orange. Vallejo's orange and yellows are sadly weakly pigmented. 

The ground was painted washed and highlighted, using brown for the earth, and gray for the rocks. I then added some 12mm grass tufts to complete the scene. Painted the very bottom a glass black and I was done. 

Thanks for looking.





No comments: