Sunday, March 19, 2017

Trying Something New: Clay Plants

I've been getting into clays and sculpting lately. So I found a number of artists on You Tube such as Dugosaurus, Toby Wayne, Chis Darga*, Jordu Schell* and even western sculptor David Lemon. Then there's the miniature artists like Tom Mason, and a woman who's channel goes by the name Sugar Charm shop  Who has excellent tutorials that show you how to "fur" animals.
 But there was another miniature artist, Stephanie Kilgast,  that caught my attention when she did a few videos on plants. I figured I could use them on dios.  So after watching the VID a few times, I gave it a try. Seeing a number of artists use the colored clay, I went out and bought two colors of green and white and gave it a try - 




Then didn't turn out terrible. I used Sculpey III, and found it very brittle once baked. You can't really see it in the pic, but while sanding on of the leaves of the dark green plant I snapped a leaf. I'll have to look for a clay with a little more give...  Thanks for looking.

No comments: