Saturday, March 4, 2017

Another new mini

This time  we have a mini by Hangar 18. Among their model offerings is a series in a tasteful pinups  style reminiscent of the WW2 nose art on the bombers.  They come in either a 32mm or a 54 mm size. The 54mm collection is the larger collection of the two. 
Being a space fan I was drawn to the Cosmonaut model. This is a female cosmonaut riding on Sputnik. 

Both the sculpting and casting, is terrific. There is no apparent seam lines and the parts go together in natural separation point so very little (if any) putty work needs to be done. 
My typical complaint is that I only wish this came in a 90-120 mm size. But I can't wait to build this. I'm thing about getting out the new Vallejo Metallics Chrome for the Sputnik. Thanks for looking.

No comments: