Monday, March 6, 2017

Arena Rex Ywain and Dextarius

This next entry is a mini shop I actually found on Kickstarter. From their site - 
Arena Rex is a game of gladiatorial combat.  Battles of 3 to 6 combatants per side are recommended, and take approximately 30 to 40 minutes to play. Simple, intuitive rules offer myriad tactical possibilities.  Maneuver and arena terrain play key roles in the game along with a fatigue-based activation system that twists a traditional round structure in new and exciting ways.   
Arena Rex has a number of terrifically sculpted minis all in the gladiator mode. With my poor eyesight I'm limited to only a few larger figures, but boy are they worth it. 

As usual I get anxious to start and don't start taking pics until I'm well under way. This is no exception. Ywain is done in a lot of leather colors with some metal here and there. I had to think about making his skin like it's been out in the sun training a lot. I also suspect that he was always on the dusty side from his training.  Here I have the base coat done and started doing the washes - 


As is usual I usually find spots I missed and will address them as I go. 
While Ywain was drying I turned my attention to his horse Dextarius. Here I just kept things simple, painting it brown with a darker mane and tail. Figuring the saddle was just a gladiators towel, I also did simple colors. Again, it's just base coated and washed  - 


More soon. Thanks for looking.


No comments: