Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kreature Kid's Ghost Bust

With the Ion Cannon done and the F5-D moving along, I uncovered this little gem in my To Do pile. It's Kreature Kid's Ghost Bust. A fantastic little kit in 4 parts - The head/body, 2 arms and a base that's made up of a tombstone with some groundwork around it. It is cast in a translucent green color. I wanted to keep most of the translucency, but it didn't work out that way. ;) 
The kit is made to look like this half rotten ghoul has thrown a sheet over his head as he comes around the gravestone to scare you.  I didn't think to take any before shots. Here are a few WIPs - 




 Here is where the only flaw in the kit was - the left eye socket is supposed to have an eyeball in it. I guess there was either a bubble in the casting or ...  In any event, I could have either gotten a ball bearing, or a little lump of Aves, but I went online and bought a pair of 4mm glass eyes. Once they arrive, I'll be installing them. 

In this shot, you'll notice one of the fingers looks different. It ended up getting broken off in transit. I found it in the box and glued it on. Then during the build, it fell over and the finger popped off once again and this time it's gone for good. So I drilled a small hole, inserted a straightened out staple, and then put some Aves on to try and replicate the finger. Turned out not too bad. 
More soon. Thanks for looking. 


No comments: