Friday, March 20, 2015

MFTW Dracula Finished

Moving right along, I'm calling my Monster from the Woods Dracula finished. It was a fairly easy kit to do. I'm still getting used to doing faces, and facial features. I didn't do any kind of mottling - just a base coat, and two highlights. I also added in wash and pastel shadows. Eyes are always the most difficult for me. But I did learn at this small scale not to try to do the streaks in the iris', just do dots. Unless you're nose to nose it looks the same (to me anyway). 

The stone base was easy, just a base coat and then a few highlights. I also added in a green wash and touched the wash with a little gloss varnish to make it look wet. Like that moldy wet look I sprayed the entire stairs with a light satin varnish.  



This is the image I used as a reference. 
Thanks for looking. 



No comments: