Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bigfoot: A Weekend Bust

I had gotten behind on things, and the most recent post of the busts really happened a the end of last week. 
So over the weekend I started working on the Bigfoot Bust by John Dennett. It got it's soapy wash and then a looks see about any mould lines. There was one very well hidden along the back of his head and a little on his shoulders. But I figure since I saw it others might (if I take it to a show).  So I got out my sanding pads, my xacto knife, and MicroMark's Scriber.  This little tool is fantastic for digging out the little mold lines that I can see between the tufts of hair. 


The other thing that works very well for this type of work is Vallejo's Plastic Putty. It has the very thin needle like applicator that really dispenses a *thin* bead of putty. Perfect for replacing tufts of hair that are missing or have been gouged out.

He then got it primed, and I painting by base coating him black. Then I used Vallejo Chocolate Brown. Then highlighted with Citadel's Cadian Fleshtone, and then another highlight with Kislev Flesh.
I didn't take any mid-paint pics but here he is all done --

The plinth didn't show up in the pic, but it was a rather poor, IMHO, attempt at replicating tree bark.  Thanks for looking. 

No comments: