Saturday, February 28, 2015

A quick F5-D Update

Things are progressing slowly, but forward. I got the canopy on after really having a hard time cutting out the vac form piece. It seems that for whatever reason there was almost no edges to any of the detail on the canopy.

I found this out when I applied Tamiya tape and burnished the crap out of it only to find nothing as far as an edge. Nothing.  I then freehanded the canopy with some primer, and figured it would have to be another "good enough" moment. Ten I had a thought to put the Tamiya tape where the canopy frames are, then get some liquid rubber and will in what needed to be protected. Then take off the  tape. I have to buy some of the liquid rubber, so here is what I have to far - - 


I'll attempt to get some of the liquid rubber tomorrow at Michael's or the like. We'll see how it turns out. Thanks for looking. 

No comments: