Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Back to the F5-D


Okay, enough is enough.  I have to get this model off my desk already.  ;)
It was just a fair kit and I need to get it finished.  
The first step was to mask off all the white parts in prep for the "red" paint. I have read" because in all photographs of the jet in front of the Armstrong air and space Museum it is distinctly orange. Going to NASA's own website and looking up the plane, they mention a couple of times, and have images of the plane and it is distinctly red. So I decided to split the difference. Vallejo paint- Scarlet color looks like a happy medium of red and orange (a little to the red side).





There was a little bleeding underneath the masking in a few spots, and I actually missed a small spot with the tape so I'll have to go back with white and touch up those areas but essentially it's done.
The landing gear is already together, and that has to be attached.

My next problem I will have to worry about what to do about decals...  Thanks for looking. 

No comments: