Thursday, March 5, 2015

F5-D One Step Back, One Ahead

Since I have Drac drying, I turned my attention back to the F5-D once again. I took a look at the mask and ... NO! It never dried. It was like the tacky glue that holds on an address label to a magazine. If you're like me and *have* to peel those labels off, you know. ;)


So now I have to invent a Plan B. I decided Plan B would be that I remove the masking goop (naturally), but leave the *template* tape. I then took another piece of Tamiya tape, put it over the exposed glass and burnished it down. Then I cut around the newly placed tape and removed the original layer of tape -- 



Once this was done I could see the vague imprint of where the glass was - on the curve of course. I don't have the talent to fix it freehand. so I just left it as is and gave it yet another coat of primer - -


Check back and see where I go next.  Thanks for looking. 




No comments: