Thursday, June 6, 2019

Zabavka Workshop's Medusa

This project has been an on again, off again on the desk for a while now. The kit comes from Zabravka Workshop. It comes in 6 parts. Looking around for a link to share, I can find none. (?)  So I have no idea how to find them again... sorry. EDIT - I found the link by doing an image search. It's https://zabavkaworkshop.com/Medusa-Gorgon

https://zabavkaworkshop.com/Medusa-Gorgon

The parts are very nicely done in gray resin, and shows little signs of seam lines or flash. 
Ignore the little Medusa to the left. ;)
 A closeup of the base show a sandy base that reminds me of the volcanic sand that is actually tiny rocks. There are also a number of rocks added to the base which further expresses that volcanic feel. 

There are two spots for added parts - one is an assumed stone hand holding a spear, and the other being a torso of a stone Hoplite (?) holding a broken sword. I used the V. Metallics steel for the armor, and red to add color.
Later on I would add some rust to make it seems like he's been there for quite a while.

I decided on this Medusa to give her a regular skin color and natural tail colors. The chest and hip armor was painted gloss black in prep for the V. Brass, and the bow is V's Gold.  To add a little snake to her face I gave her the slit pupils in the eyes.



The weak point of the kit was the arrow. I was about to replace the shaft with something a bit more sturdy, but then realized I could lean the arrow into the bow and with a dot of glue at the point. This will straighten the shaft. 

Here she is with my ever present can of soda to give a size comparison.  I added the diamonds that are seen on some constrictor snakes, and that completed the figure painting.
As mentioned I added a few different rust colors from V's Rust Set to the armor of the soldier and spear.  The base was painted in a Black Gray, and then washed with Citadel's Nuln Oil.  When that was dry I added 2 highlight dry brushings of a medium and light gray.  With that I was done.
Thanks for looking.



No comments: