Monday, January 5, 2015

New On the Bench

Next up I just got two kits in the mail recently. One is Anigrand's Douglas XF5D-1. I was inspired to do this kit because my friend Rob S. visited the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio (about 1 hr. north of Dayton). I've never been, but Rob generously sent me a number of images of the F5D that Armstrong flew which is also on display out in front of the museum - 
http://vva649.org/gallery/2013/neilarmstrong/A/IMG_0028.JPG .  

and here's the kit - 

I have to note that sadly this kit is no longer part of Anigrand's catalog. Anyone looking for it will probably have to go to eBay or someone like Rare Plane Dectective .  

Next up is a sort of throw back to my kiddy days when Aurora was releasing all those Monster kits. After all the kits were released and then version 2 with parts of the kit in glow-in-the-dark plastic, they released Monster Scenes. These kits would help you create your own "movie sets."  Long story short one of the smaller kits was the Saber Tooth Rabbit!  Thinking about Monty Python's Holy Grail and the killer bunny, I had to have it! 


I may do them concurrently or consecutively. I don't know yet. I'm doing both OOB, so things should go smoothly. 
And don't forget,  I still have MoonDevil studio's Abominable Snowman about 90% done and just waiting for my fake snow to show up. That may be back on the bench too. We'll see. Thanks for looking in. 

No comments: