Wednesday, January 14, 2015

F5D Moving Forward

This time around I started working on putting some weights in the front of the plane. Not knowing if this is a tail sitter or not, I played it safe. Here's a few 1/4-20 nuts glued in with PVA glue - - 


While I was waiting I turned my attention to the smaller parts. Ooh boy did they need clean up work. The stick was almost indistinguishable from the parts runners. Thankfully after watching a few miniature painting videos, I "learned" that you can prime with a brush. To me this is A LOT easier than setting up the parts for an airbrush or rattle can for small parts - 


As last thing for tonight,  I did the seams along the wing roots, and the jet intakes. I had recently bought some Tamiya putty after not having a great time with the Vallejo Plastic Putty. I decided to give them both a test. On top of the plane I used the Tamiya Putty, and underneath I used the Vallejo Putty.  My feeling now is the Vallejo is the way to go for very thin seam lines. As you see on the right the Vallejo cleaned up right away with good results. I'll have to wait for the Tamiya Putty to dry and then start sanding tomorrow.


Looks like after I get these seams cleaned up I'll be able to close up the fuselage, install the seat and stick and then work on some of the other parts like reinforce wheel and tail hook. Thanks for looking. 





No comments: