Monday, January 12, 2015

Armstrong's XF5-D Started

Been a while but I had a few minutes to start the 5D. The larger parts are pretty good but the smaller ones are a little hurting. When I originally ordered this kit from Anigrand, they must have seen the the moulds were shot - took it out of the catalog - and sent me something else... :-/  I managed to find this one on eBay, and it too must have been close to the end of the run. A lot of the smaller details had bubbles but thanks goodness as I mentioned the larger pieces were fine. I washed the kit and then primed the interior. Not knowing if this was a tail sitter I went to put some weights in the nose and behind the cockpit area... only to find out I didn't have any left. I'll be heading out to the fishing supply tomorrow. Ha.  


So the next thing I did to move forward was to glue the wings on. There is a little seam that needs to be filled but it's nothing to what I was expecting. Only when they were both on did I notice a little discrepency. The pins and holes are not lined up correctly and one wings is a mm or 2 off from the other side. Normally I wouldn't have noticed it. But I did. Now, do I take the chance of muffing it by trying to sand off a little bit where it shows or should I leave it. The next pic show where it's off - - 


 LOL,  find out next time what I decided. Thanks for looking. 

No comments: