Thursday, March 17, 2022

Z-95 part 2

 This shortened session I went over the parts to see if I was missing anything. The bubble hole in the nose bottom was puttied again, and after some ultra fine sanding, came out terrific.  So it was time to paint. 

When I looked at the decals, it was showing me that once again I was going to have a white ship with the maroon stripes. Uh, no, not this time. Reading the entry in Wookie-pedia I learned that a lot of unaffiliated groups were still using this outdated craft. So I hit Google images and scrolled thru many pages of Z-95s.The one that caught my eye was a green one from the Star Wars Legion game.  Figuring it was also right around St. Patrick's day, what a better choice for a color. I went into my paint rack and brought out a mid tone green from The Army Painter name Goblin Green. Ahh, an added bonus. While I don't name my ships, this one can be part of the Goblin Squadron! ;) 

Another thing I had to think about was what was I going to do about that wide open cockpit? The only answer was a pilot. So I dug into my Pilot and Ground Crew set, and painted one up. While he doesn't look exactly Star Wars, sitting in a Z-95 he can be. 

Tan suit and green helmet. Nice and easy

I thought I would finish it today, but that didn't happen. Check back next session for the finale. Thanks for looking.


 

No comments: