Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Z-95 Finale

 This final session had me completing the weathering al la Night Shift style, putting the pilot in the seat and securing the canopy. Once again the pilot sat too tall, so I sat him on a coarse sanding sponge and got rid of most of his butt. 

The canopy went on pretty easy with the ledge around the area to aim for.  I found some nondescript decals for the wings and as usual where something has to go wrong - one came off the paper stuck to the model and would not be moved. Rather than scraping it all off I just left it as is.  

The final duty was  to give it all a matte coat. One thing I saw on Jon Bius' channel was to add 'a kiss of tan" to the clear coat. I touched the brush to the Dark Sand dropper bottle and then swirled it in the matte coat in the a/b cup. It barely turned the clear coat a color, but as you can see in the pics it all softly evened out the different colors I used.  With that I was done. Thanks for looking. 

 




The pilot checking you out

No comments: