Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Baby Sarlacc

 Always looking for the strange and unusual, I found this model on Etsy from Ravendark Creations. Its a baby Sarlacc. Of course this beast was made famous in the Return of the Jedi.Then later on when Boba is seen escaping it's gut in the tv series. 

There is 2 ways to get your own baby Sarlacc. You can buy just the model of the animal itself, or Ravendark will sell you a kit which includes a 5.5" clay pot, the model and some sand.To make things easy on myself I just ordered the kit. I never thought to take "before" pics. Sorry. It arrived pretty much all built for me with even the Sarlacc already painted. The teeth along the edges look especially well done. It seems that the pot is packed - (I didn't go digging) at least around the model with tin foil. So basically my only job was to pour in the sand around the edge. 

But that was too easy. I took some Vallejo earth Paste and filled in around the edge til it was almost even with the rim of the animal. When that was dry, I put down some matte Mod Podge, and started pouring in the sand. I piled it up here and there and to stick that down, I sprayed the whole thing with alcohol and then a 50/50 diluted glue. This sealed the sand down. Thanks for looking. 

Baby Sarlacc with a can for size comparison.


 

No comments: