Saturday, November 21, 2020

Capt. Spaulding

 Another 1:4 scale bust from Gillman Prod.  This represents Sid Haig as Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's 2003 movie House of 1000 Corpses, and it's two sequels.  Sadly Sid passed away in 2019 at age 80.


 The kit came in 3 pieces - the bust, a hat, and the chicken bucket base.  This one came together so quickly that I forgot to take a lot of WIP pics. 

Firstly since he's wearing makeup, I started out with the typical skin color, then blotted on V's Foundation White.  The colors were simple so I just raced along following the colors in the reference pic. 

 

I was thinking about using paint for the colored part of the make up. But that went on too opaque. So I chose pastels and a small make up brush. After getting the pink cheeks on, and sealed they looked too big. They will have to change; so I repainted the Foundation White over it.

While that was drying I turned to the chicken bucket. I originally had primed the whole thing Stynylrez's tan color. It was a good starting point for coloring up the chicken. Loooking at various pics, I was able to use a few colors from V's Rust set, finally adding some of Citadels Agrax Earthshade to the deepest "holes in the bucket. I finished the bucket by putting a few strips of V's Cavalry Brown on. Kinda goofed the spacing, but - oh well.


 

With his cheeks dry I too a second shot at it with a smaller pink marks. I glossed his eyes and mouth, and then put some Pearlizing paint on his shirt to make it match the reference pic a bit closer, and I was done. Thanks for looking. 






 

No comments: