Saturday, November 14, 2020

My Favorite Martian

 This time I closed my eyes, and stuck my hand into the pile, bring out the Moebius' My Favorite Martian kit.  It's a pretty nice kit including Martin's space ship and Martin himself in about 75mm. One annoying part is that shortly after  I first got this kit, I picked of the aftermarket PE set that went with it. Now, it's no where to be found. :(


 Images are a little out of order. Here is Martin. I added the skin color and then gave it all a wash of Reikland Fleshshade. Doing a little investigating I found that he had a green metallic suit (as per the directions) in the first season. For whatever reason in the second and 3 seasons his suit was silver. Being that the craft is supposed to be silver, I went with the green suit. After a few mistakes I settled on a white primer to start then I painted it all V's Aluminum, then Transparent Green. Getting a good shade of green made the Aluminum disappear, so when the Green dried, I gave the suite a mist coat of Aluminum. This was a good medium.

Planing for the hatch to be open, I had to get rid of the pin ejector marks.


Check back for more. Thanks for looking.

No comments: