Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sasquatch

When I restarted, of course I had to start up a few kits to keep my time occupied. Another kit was Troy McDevitt's Sasquatch. It is a two piece, 1:4 scale bust (the figure, the base)  in white resin. There was only the faintest of seam lines seen across the top of the head, and only one little bubble. Clean up took minutes and then it was a coat of gray primer. 


Vs tan primer was the basis for the skin tone on his face. From there I used Vs Black brown, and then 2 successive highlights of lighter brown. Around the face I gave give more high lights of a darkened tan primer, then gave him some mature dignity ;) with some Ivory hairs. That was a little too light and Citadel's Agrax Earthshade darkened it just enough. The face was highlighted with Vs Beige Red and a little added Ivory for the 2nd highlight.
 The base was also primed gray. From there I added more Agrax to brown the tree just a little and tie it to Sasquatch. The vines were done in Red Leather, and the foliage was plain ol' green.  I then added some Vs Light Slime to weather up the tree and a little more tan on one of the dead limbs to tie it to the bust.

Going back with another tie in, his eyes were also painted green. With that the bust got a matte coat and the base got a satin one. and I was done. Thanks for looking. 


 

No comments: