Friday, March 20, 2020

Finally Back - Gary Cooper

Well, it took a while but I finally got back to my work space and was able to put paint on a model.
But first I had the job of cleaning up my mess. Being on the lazy side when I needed to put something up in the studio, rather than walking all the way up, I would leave it on the stairs. Little by little the stairs got pretty crowded with model kits, books and other "junk." So first course of action since I'm still using a cane was to get the stairs cleared. 

Getting that done, I got to the desk and the last figure I was working on was the Cary Cooper Beau Geste bust. I tried doing a quick to search who did it (again I never wrote it down). Once I find out, I'll edit this post. edit: the kit was produced by Norbert Ossner and sculpted by Alejandro Lopez Ramirez

The kit is in 3 resin pieces - the bust, base, and frame for the movie poster. The movie poster printout is also added. 


Following the movie poster printout and this colorized photo, I added the base colors:



Base colors, as usual are subject to change - I see now that the coat is too light. Anyway, I'm glad to be back at the desk. Check back for the next installment, and thanks for looking. 


No comments: