Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Good Grief


Good Grief is a very well done kit by Good Fellas Resin. It is a 3D representation of an illustration by Max Dunbar of  a real life looking, grown Charlie Brown and Snoopy in a post apocalyptic scene -

 Each year, my model club, the Brooklyn Plastic Model Society has a Pledge Nite. On this night everyone is supposed to pick a model that they will have built by the October meeting. In theory it assure that the modeler will build at least one model in the year. I have no problem with that, but in any event this kit is my Pledge model.

The kit comes in about 15 parts of white resin. There is a few bubbles, and the seam lines appear easy to make disappear. Nothing that anyone familiar with resin kits can't handle. Having the kit in my stash so long I didn't remember that I didn't have a "before" pic.  Here it is with it primed and some of the base coating done. Not shown is a fairly hefty rocky base.

A little more base coating, plus I got tired of looking at Charlie's black eyes, so I painted those in. ;) 

Check back as he starts going together. Thanks for looking.




No comments: