Thursday, August 29, 2019

Good Grief 3

Moving forward, I turned to the base for this session.  It was painted in NATO Black, and then misted with Chocolate Brown.  I also had to add a little "dirt" around his feet to mate up with the base better. The 3rd thing was to take some basket liner fibers and create dead shrubs. I drilled holes into the base, filled it with black Mod Podge, stuck the fibers in, and then sprinkled sand over the top. Once the Mod Podge dries, it'll all be glued in place, and I'll come back with more NATO Black to blend everything.



Moving on there are a few divots on the base that could double as puddles. I recently picked up this resin from GreenStuff World that almost instantly cures with UV light -


Before pouring in the resin I gave the light a few clicks. Nothing. Opening it up - Duh - no batteries. Why would I think it would come with batteries. When I go downstairs I'll have to get some.

Staying on a roll I added a few more of the parts to the figure and except for the rifle/hand which came in warped. I'll have to heat up the water, and straighten it. Once straight all that's left is to glue the wrist to the arm and then attach the arm to the should. Then he'll be done. Check back for that. Thanks for looking.



No comments: