Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Finishing the Terror Bird

While I'm think about the decals for the X-15D, I decided to finish up the Terror Bird. It's been in a 90% finished for a while now, so it's time to get it done. 
For earlier build notes see here:
Part 1
Part 2

I'll pick up the build story with the bird primed -
While I'm waiting for it to dry I turn my attention to the base and get that primed and put some paint on it - 

Looking closer I decided that I didn't want to molded in grass etc, so those were dremeled off. I then took weeds from the garden, let them dry out and used them on the base - 


The bird is dry, and I get some paint on it. I followed an image I had of a different Terror Bird, but the paint scheme will work -

Putting it all together, I see, the base needs a little more color. So I took some olive green, made it into a wash and hit some of the grass plants. I then added detail to the bird, included some pigments on its feet that put the bird in the environment. Then added screws thru the the bottom of the bas and up thru the feet I was finished. Thanks for looking.




 


No comments: