Sunday, September 4, 2016

New Aquisitions

A number of kits arrived these past few weeks. The first package arrived from Megahobby. I ordered the Vallejo Face paint set, and also the newly re-released Retriever Rocket.  Looking at the Rocket there's is one piece that was broken, but it's a clean break and will be a simple fix. The rest of the kit is very nicely done. There's a little flash, but nothing to worry about. One thing I will have to think about is unless I missed it, there's no flight deck. So I can either cobble one together out of another kit, or paint over the windows so no one can see in. As of now, I'm leaning towards build a flight deck.



Next was a pre painted statue of Medusa. Medusa is one of my favorite characters in mythology, and whenever I can pick a Medusa up I will  (I have a few waiting to be built). ;)

This one came from Dellamorte Co., doing business on Etsy.  They actually have a number of interesting prepaints. Unless I'm thinking about a different Co., I thought one of the options besides prepaint was a plain resin cast. No more if they ever did. The one I picked up was the larger of two versions and it's in a nice art deco type faux bronze. I've yet to make up my mind if I will leave it as is or paint it up differently.

Next up is another favorite movie character. It's Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday from Tombstone. This bust comes from CGS Military Figures and it a 1/9th bust. The title is aptly called "I'm Your Huckleberry."
I was so interested in seeing it, and I put it together even tho I'm not ready to paint it up. I left his gun(in holster) off so I could make painting easier. But he is depicted tapping on the gun handle.
I can only hope they also produce a Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp and a Powers Boothe as Curly Bill. My wife is also in love with Sam Elliott, so a Virgil Earp would be a treasure on her desk. ;)

Lastly, I received the Star Duster from Fantastic Plastic. I have a separate review of that one.   Thanks for looking. 

No comments: