Friday, September 9, 2016

X-15D Part 2

I got a little more done, but also ran into a snag.
First the good news. I took the Dremel to the cockpit area and was successful in getting the windows cut out. I was going to go all the way thru but decided against it at the last minute - 

Next, I primed in the Stynylrez black primer and then highlighted the panels in the white primer. It's sort of the opposite of preshading the panel lines - 

And finally used V's Black Gray over the craft. Reading the instructions (Huh?) I saw that the nose was white, so white it is.  I also hit the landing gear wells white too (not pictured). The below image also shows the plane with a good layer of Future on it  - 
I still have to paint part of the bottom a Titanium color.

The bad news is that I didn't use Future to coat the decals. I used Krylon Gloss, and they wrinkled. Bad. Looking at them this morning they aren't as bad, and since they're sealed I was going to go ahead and try them, and snug them down with Micro Sol. What do you all think?  
Thanks for looking.



No comments: