Saturday, August 15, 2026

Young Frankenstein Kemp

I'm getting close to completing the Young Frankenstein series with Inspector Kemp. He represents the Lionel Atwill character of Inspector Keoh. For YF, the Inspector is played by Kenneth Mars

For the kit the likeness is excellent as with the rest of the models. The bust comes in 3 parts - the bust, base and arm. It also comes with some darts and a dart board to replicate the humorous scene.  


 The first step is actually- what colors am I using? I was able to find a colorized version of the movie that shows him in a black hat and a very dark blue uniform. The ornaments on the hat are gold, but silver on the jacket.

 


My first go round with paint (before I found the images) had him in blue with blue. But you'll at some point the hat changes to black. 

I also jumped back into an old Citadel shad for a base flesh color, and a first highlight. That's where I'll leave him for today. Check back. Thanks for looking. 


 

No comments: