To see part 1, go here: https://kevtk.blogspot.com/2026/08/young-frankenstein-kemp.html
Moving on I started adding color to all his ornaments and such. First step was to mask off the sleeve to to put the silver bands on. Nice and easy until I took the masking off - then tragedy! The problem here is that I had to mix that dark blue color. Let's see how much paint I have to waste to get that color back. Yes, a wet palette should have been used. :/
Taking a break from the good I turned my attention to the base. I suddenly remembered the old way model railroaders used to do their mountains just putting wash blobs of color all over until things blend. Right down my alley, and it didn't come out bad.
After that I start with the darts. On that colorized version I'm guessing they had or saw what antique darts looked like. so I mimicked that.
I also painted the dartboard, but since it's a pretty large accessory, I'm deciding to leave it out of the display. Doing a double check I was happy enough to call it done. Thanks for looking.






No comments:
Post a Comment