Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Filmy's Pebbles Part 2

 Who boy I've been lazy about updating this blog... Before we pick up with Pebbles, I have to mention this figure painted, whose YouTube channel is called Groundeffected. He has been toying with a number of different ways to replicate skin - from the dots of various colors under the skin tone, to washes on and on.  What he's going recently and what I tried was to paint the skin areas a purple-pink, and then a strong red from below. Having done it, I thought to myself "No way!" this is going to work even tho I see the YT guy do it.  So on go the purple pink and the red. 


Letting that dry, it's time for the magic to happen when I simply apply light coats of a  flesh color over the previous colors. You know what? It worked!  "Your Dad" as the YT guy calls himself says to leave a bit of the purple pink and red to act as shadow colors.  Gotta say - I like the result. 


While that was drying I toned down the red hair and also painted the cord of the necklace. Next session I'll come back and give the skin some highlights and then on to the clothes. In Filmy's sample he has her in a realistic tiger stripe. But in the cartoon. Pebbles is wearing-what I thought was pink and purple stripe, but a closer look is pink and red - still cool I guess. Check back for that.




No comments: