Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Frankenstein's Creation

 Already having a few Frankensteins already, I wasn't so sure I needed another. But when I heard Moondevil studio's  John Dennett used Mary Shelley's written description and it was different than the Universal monster, I had to have it. 

The description of the Creation was a very tall man, with yellow skin that was so translucent that you could almost see the veins underneath. He also had black hair and yellow watery eyes.  

Produced in 2016, this kit has been in the stash for quite a while.  The 1:3rd scale bust comes in two blue resin parts and only has the slightest seam line, mostly seen around what I think the the iceberg base. I forgot to take a pic until I had the primer on it. 


 To mimic the veins under the skin I applied the tried and truth method of super thin lines of many colors with an airbrush. 

 


All the lines really hid the super detail that the skin has, so I took some Citadel Agrax Wash and applied it all over the skin. I also hit the eyes with my usual black.I gave the rest of him his base coats - black hair, a green gray jack, and a gray blue iceberg, and with that the session ended. Check back.


 

No comments: