Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Moebius' Frankenstein

 This kit was bought when my local model club was having a contest based on kits that originated with Aurora. I remember building the Frankie as well as almost all the other monsters that Aurora released.Then I come to find out that No, this is a new kit. Oh well it didn't really matter as I was one of the judges for the contest and I wouldn't have included my kit in the judging anyway.  Can't go to waste, let's build it. 

The kit is very nice with a big stone castle wall and door as a backdrop. The face was a decent sculpt, but I went with Escape Hatch Hobby's Frankenstein replacement head. Seems I didn't take the "before" pic so here's some parts glued up with the original head.


 The wall/door was also very well sculpted - 


 To change things up I started painting the background/base first. This is just the base coating a lot more paint as well as weathering has to go on...


 Check back.

No comments: