Monday, September 21, 2020

TKS The Birth of Dracula Finale.

 I took a break from all the painting and started in on the base. I had these 4X4' blocks hanging around and decided to use that. The base supplied was just one layer but it had 2 or three layers that couldn't be seen to make it a little taller.  I thought would be enough, but the base was smaller than the block, I cut out similar sized blocks out of foam to add around the base. 

I then had the idea that I would used Green Stuff World's Crackle Paint to make cracks and I planed on painting the cracks yellow and red as if the Devil was making his way up to Vlad.  Long story short the crackle paint didn't really work out. :( 

I always wanted to add a back drop so I just kept cutting foam to make them. I didn't have my cutter and doing them by hand I ended up with a few different sizes. Oh well.  When they were all cut I glued them together with Gorilla Glue .When that dried I cover the whole thing in my Black paint/Mod Podge mix. This will protect the foam from paints and super glues. 

Turning back to Dracula's armor I simply applied Nocturna's Sanctuary Red over everything and then a couple of coats of V's Metallic Gloss.  That's it, I was done. Since the wood base is rather big I will get a little name plate for it.  Thanks for looking.  

 







No comments: