Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Nosfer-Galactu

This kit was sculpted and cast by Ken Kidwell, and is approx. 1/4 scale. There was no real seam lines, or flash and just a few pinholes to address.

First thing when I have a head with no hair is do the squiggle pattern all over. In this case I had just bought a new airbrush and just couldn't get my little tight lines. Needless to say after this session, I went and ordered the same one I used to have, and when that came, this one went in the bottom drawer.

The next session I added some light skin tone to a white Gray, and added his sickly skin. After that purple, and sepia wash was added to the creases. His eyes were totally filled in with the Game Color Hexed Lichen.

While the head was drying, I tried another experiment. Here I painted gloss black over the costume, and when that was dry I over painted with Vallejo Metallics Chrome.  When that dried the next step was shooting some Army Painter Purple Tone and then some Red Tone down the center.  Turned out well if I do say so myself. 

A few touch ups here and there including trying once again to paint a gem on his suit. Came out just ok...
After that I called it done. Thanks for looking. 


 

No comments: