Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hellboy Finished

Hey all, I had some time today so I finished up the Hellboy ornament. 

Basically from where I left off, I added VMC Beige to the the eyes and teeth and then lightened then with some VMC White. I did leave a little line of beige around the outsides of the eye, just for giggles.  Next I painted all his hair VMC Black and then added a little Prussian Blue for highlight. The image somehow makes the blue stand out a lot more than it is on the model.   Finally I coated the piece in VMC Carmine Red, making sure to leave what is supposed to be in shadow the VMC Cavalry Red color. On top of that I put glazes of Vermilion. Out of the bottle, it was a little too orange, so whats why I made it into a glaze. 

Afterward, I thought it looks too nice to drill a hole and set en eye screw in the back of his head. So I think I'll come up with some sort of base and keep him that way. 




Thanks for looking. 

No comments: