Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Working with Some of my Resintopia Finds

With the unboxed Shiflett Executioner on my desk staring at me, as well as the boxes with the two Moon Devil Studio cryptids not far away. I decided to dive into them. 
The Executioner you already saw in primer. I did the skin in the fashion of most miniatures. Colors were from Games Workshop - Bugman's Glow, with Cadian Flestone, and Kislev Flesh for the highlights. I followed it with Reikland Fleshtone for a wash. Apologies for the stark lighting ...
His arms aren't attached yet. Wanted to make sure the skin came out ok.
The hood and cowl next - -

Next I unboxed the Abominable snowman, and gave the resin a wash. The Snowman I gave a first coat of primer, and then realized that I got carried away and should have assembled him first. DOH! Too anxious!  So then next I drilled some holes for the 2 part epoxy. I saw another modeler's post that instead of adding pins to tabs he would drill holes into the tab as well as the corresponding female part. His theory was if you put enough epoxy into the female part then the epoxy will be forced into the drilled holes creating a well attached figure. It worked for him so I thought I would try it too.  I did include a pin in one of the feet (that had no tab) for extra stability. 

While I was priming I also primed the large base. The base is supposed to represent some rocks and snow. So I primed the rocks gray, and the snow - white. I will enhance the rocks with paint and then flock the snow part. But that's later. 



Here he is having his arms epoxied on. 
Here's a close up of the primed face.

Here's the base from the back so you can see more detail. One foot will go on the taller rock, another on the smaller.
Note the footprint in the snow...
More later...

No comments: