Friday, February 7, 2014

Doak VZ session 2

Had a few minutes to work on the Doak again.  As I may have mentioned last time, in my zeal to get the fuselage closed, I forgot to drill out holes and install pins for the wings. So rather than to try and fabricate something (and take the chance of ruining it) I just butt jointed the wings to the fuselage with Lock-Tite Super Glue Gel. I really like this stuff b/c it really is gel not just a thick liquid. A few drops of the kicker and it's on there. I decided instead of fiddle-farting with the parts, I'm just putting it together. So next the horizontal stabilizer went on. I took care to make sure it was as straight as I could get it from the top and the front. It looks ok. The vertical stabilizer is just sitting in it's slot. It still has to be glued in place. Here we have it so far - 
Here it is so far with the wings and stabilizers installed.
More next time ...

No comments: