Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Medusa part 3

It was a one step back and one step forward type of day. 
The stepping back came trying to add some sort of reptilian look to her. My idea was to shade part of her skin a green color and then create a scale pattern over the green. I went looking for different kinds of perforated ribbon or even a stencil, but I had no luck. In the end I added green dots and then stippled gold dots over the green dots. Nope, didn't look good - 
So I got out my tan V primer and covered it over. I then doubled my efforts and managed to find a scales stencil on a miniatures website (will talk more about it when it arrives). 
Good news is that it's ordered, bad news is that the order will be fulfilled in 5 to 10 days. I don't if that means I'll get it in 5 to 10 days, which isn't that bad,  or they will send it out in 5 to 10 days...

So while I was waiting I worked some more on her hair, and the snakes. Finally turning my attention to the base.  I already did the B&W primer, so then since green is the default color, I took some of V's Gray Green and added that for the stone work.
The vine was also done in an ocher green and highlights to parts of the sculpted stone was done with a toned down turquoise-

  
For the column (not shown) I was thinking about a lighter, almost white gray with some green marble looking stripes. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for looking. 

No comments: