If you haven't seen part One yet go HERE.
Allowing a few days to calm down, and started on Take 3 for the portrait. By this time I was getting good at it (IMHO). ;)
Getting that done is was on to the rest of the bust. There are only a few instances when you see Childs with his parka. One was when they were ducking down in the hallway -
But seeing him at the end, even with the odd lighting it appears that his parka is quite dirty. But the blue has to go down first. I coated the entire thing V's Dark Prussian Blue, and then hit the upper areas with just Prussian blue. Finally I added a light blue to the Prussian Blue for the last highlight. Then I realized this would be all moot when the dirt when on. Sigh.
Turning to the back of his head, I fixed the drip from last session, added the appendages and adjusted the colors a little bit. For the tentacles I used the Florescent Green, and the finger/arm I used a light flesh color. The flesh was toned down with some Reikland Fleshshade, and the green with some green tinted UV resin. I also made a gooey drip with it.
Putting the post together I realized I never took images of a WIP of the base. It was painted with various metallic colors and then washed in some rust. There was a few stains added with V's Oily Earth wash. I then mixed up some Woodland Sceneics SNOW, matte medium, little bit of white paint, and some Pearl paint. I slathered it over the sculpted snow and was done with that. I painted the bottle green, and then added a darker color hoping to mimic there being some drink still left in it. The glove was painted brown. Then the parka, and arm/glove was dusted unevenl6t with MIG's European Dust PIGMENT. I finally glued the bottle to the glove, the glove/arm to the bust and the bust to the base. I was glad to get this one off my desk. Thanks for looking.
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment