Monday, September 12, 2022

Jabba the Hutt

 Bo-shoo-dah.  This time around we have another Gillman kit, that is Jabba the Hutt. It comes in 10 parts of gray resin - the bust, base, 4 gargoyle heads, and the 4 gargoyle rings. Don't remember why I didn't take a pic of the base, but you'll see it soon enuff.


 The closest primer color I had to the figure was a tan, so I gave it a covering. Then testing out what green I wanted, I tried out V's Black Green.

While that was drying I decided to do the gargoyle heads in a bronze color. They were never the center of attention, and I figured it would give the base a little color. Still not seen - the base was just painted gray and washed with dark colors.


 

For my 2nd session, there wasn't very many pics of Jabba (the puppet, not the CGI figure) from different good light angles, so my best guess from what I could see were oranges and tans (beside the green). The original green I used fit in well, but I didn't carry it as far up as I should have.  No matter, this is the benefit of me never mixing colors. ;)  Doing it all with the airbrush, made things go very quickly. 


 

For my final session, I just needed to neaten things up, do the eyes, glue the rings in the gargoyle mouths, and then since the gargoyle heads stick out from the base, I epoxied them in. I also added some Citadel Nihilakh Oxide to simulate some verdigris color.  Even tho it's the desert I picture that room like a wet musty cellar :P

With that, I was done. Thanks for looking. 






No comments: