Saturday, August 6, 2022

Vladislav as a Cat in Clay

 Ever since the Sculpting Patreon group I was part of dissolved, I had a hard time coming up with ideas for something to do. So I ended up doing nothing. Until "What We Do" showed up on a cable channel.

One of the lesser known movies that I really like to watch over and over is the mock-umentary What We Do In The Shadows. It is the inspiration for the TV series of the same name. 

In the movie however, a film crew follows 4 vampires in New Zealand. The each have their various quirks, and one, Vladislav the Poker, played by Clement Jermaine.  Vlad was very good at transforming, until his difficult breakup with his girlfriend- The Beast.   From then on he could still transform but now he "couldn't get the faces right."  

The camera switches away to show Vlad as a cat but with a human face. 

This had to be brightened a lot to see what was gong on. 



 Now I knew what I wanted to do. While I'm not good at likenesses (and prolly never will be) how badly could I mess this up?  So I got to work and ended up with my version of Vlad Cat. I was thinking about casting a few before painting so he's still Sculpy gray.  Thanks for looking. 


 

No comments: