Tuesday, June 21, 2022

CGS Wyatt Earp

 Wow, it's been a while. I've been building but just couldn't get around to filing a post here.  Aah well. What I have is a 200 mm Wyatt Earp from CGS Models.


The one thing I'm not really crazy about is their bases. To me, they seem just too small. So I have these decayed "wood" (resin actually) from Green Stuff World.

I couldn't resist base painting the face.

 In the movie Tombstone Kurt Russell is always in dark pants and jacket, with a dark hat. so I just continued that here.


Trying something new I decided I would paint the shadow of the hat onto Wyatt's face and not just rely on the actual shadow to do the work.

Starting work on the hands and rifle. Here I noticed that the rifle barrels were warped. The old hot water trick worked like a charm.

 

The arms were added to the hands and shoulders. I was like a juggling match to get everything lined up.

Putting the head on, I noticed that the sculptor, in sculpting the head separately mad Wyatt look straight ahead as in earlier pics. However leaving it like that looked a little silly. I went back and despite the pupils being sculpted, I ignored that, and put the pupils as if he was looking from the side. Now it looks like he's looking down the barrel as in the screen grab. With that I was done, and he can take his place next to the earlier Doc Holiday. 

 


 








No comments: