Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Galaxy Quest Shuttle part 2

 I took a look at the project, and since it wasn't going to have figures (I still haven't found the ones I wanted), the dio looks a little dumb with all the now wasted space. Time to redo the base. This time I took a 6" diameter base, added a few layers of cork sheets, ripped off some of the foam rocknd glued it to the new one. Looks better.



 Next up was painting the windows. I saw a tutorial about painting windows once and it involved creating a gradient where the darkest color was up top and it got lighter toward the bottom I airbrushed some MIG NASA bluie after a bit of masking, and then added a few drops of the darkest blue I had to the cup, and just shot the upper left corner. It worked out pretty well. 

Then came the decals. They looked pretty poor as they weren't solid. But once down on the craft, they looked fine. 



 It should be able to finish it all up next time. Thanks for looking.

No comments: