Thursday, February 11, 2021

Star Wars Vector Wing Fighter

Diving back into my stash, I came out with another Fantastic Plastic oldie but goodie. Due to a C&D, all of FP's Star Wars kits are currently retired. The kit is their their Vector Wing fighter in 1:72 scale. It came in 26 parts of white resin, and one clear resin canopy.


It went together with little effort. I had the brainstorm to use the box as a holder for the parts. ;)


The only thing is that it's a bit easier to paint some parts before assembling the craft. 

 The cockpit area was a little plain, but then again it's so small, that when the canopy goes on little will be seen. But I did add some detail to the instrument panel. 

 


 


It was at this point that I had my oops. The seat had a little pedestal on it. Was that supposed to be there? was it part of the pour stub that had to be sanded off. I left it there and the pilot looks to be seated correctly in the cockpit ... UNTIL I tried to put the canopy on. 

The pilot was well super-glued in so he wasn't coming out, so the only thing left was to add height to the canopy. So I added some styrene to to bottom. I also added it to the back but ended up sanding that all off as I made things fit. 


I think it was either a 1/2 mm or 1 mm styrene. That was enuff to clear the pilots head. I was done. Thanks for looking. 



Tried to image the pilot but got a nice shot of a little weathering on the ship.


No comments: