Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Ae 607 part 2

All big plans to make head way on this kit, until I got stopped dead. But first the good news.  I picked a color pattern using RLM 81 and 82.
I painted the entire topside in a lightened 82. Then it took some silly putty to create the thin lines. I had my first bit of trouble here. I made all the silly putty "islands", and then evened the out the spaces in between with a coffee stirrer. Once I started painting on the 81, I noticed that the paint was moving away from the edges! One coat...two coats... three coats. WTF. Finally it looked not bad. Was it the Silly Putty? I never saw that reaction before.
After the 81 dried I took some RLM 65 and free handed the stripes wither side of the 81. This by the way was the same color I painted the underside.

I sprayed on some V gloss, and then without thinking and letting the gloss dry, I started washing the very well done panel lines with V's dark gray wash - - which immediately made the gloss to start coming up.  I bit the bullet and just wiped off what I could. It's only the one color - I would have been throwing it off the wall if I did that to the topside - and decided to call it a day. 

Somewhere in between those steps I free handed canopy.  Here's a pic of the topside and the canopy. Thanks for looking.



No comments: