Friday, December 28, 2018

The Devonian Tapole Finale

See the build - http://kevtk.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-devonian-tadpole-specimen.html 

Well, I finally got the little guy into his specimen jar.  It took a blob of hot glue, and then with the tail attached it needed to be cork screwed into the jar. So the glue got a little messier than I would have liked. Once it was in there and the glue cooled, I filled the jar with the Propylene glycol, and tightly screwed on the lid. Almost done.

I felt it needed a specimen label, so in MS Word I created one. Had a little look at the CFTBL movie info and got the year made, and doctor's name. Then I looked up "Aquatic Lizard Creature" and for a place - the Black Lagoon in Spanish and added that to the label.   Much later, after it was stuck on, I remembered that Portuguese is spoken in Brazil, not Spanish... Oh well. 
Thanks for looking. 


No comments: