Saturday, May 28, 2016

Late May in the Shop - Galileo

I got a little time to work on kits. What I did was to try out the new Stynylrez one two of the new Moondevil mini busts. I gave them a shot in the black, only adding a few drops of Vallejo's Retarder Medium and it sprayed on very nicely. Since the models are now just black I didn't see any need to take pics of that. Look at the previous pic and instead of the green, think black.  ;)

Then I got to thinking about the Classic Space ships I've been working on - and dug out Fantastic Plastic's Rocket Ship Galileo. 





It's a kit based on the Heinlein book of the same name. To be honest I haven't read it, but did download it to my Kindle for a summer read. Anyway, it is a typical FP kit - very nice castings with odorless, bubble free resin. The only work you'll have to do is remove some of the pour plug.  In this model you get to choose the engine you want - be it the chemical or nuclear version. I chose the nuclear.

Here are some of the parts (my nuclear cap was on my PC desk as I was removing the pour plug as I went thru my emails...  On the top left you will see the chemical engine tho.
I started assembly by putting the wings on, and although it was a tight fir the seams did show so I it them with some putty.

That's were we are as of now. Check back for more. Thanks for looking.

No comments: